Whether you’re facing a serious drug charge, a crime of violence such as aggravated battery, or working through the process of having your criminal record expunged or sealed, The Jordan Law Firm has the requisite experience and tireless work ethic required to provide you with unparalleled quality when it comes to criminal defense counsel.
Facing a criminal charge (big or small) can be an intimidating and stressful process. Luckily, finding the right criminal defense attorney to zealously defend your rights at every stage of your case doesn’t have to be. The Jordan Law Firm takes an aggressive yet professional approach in defending our clients’ legal rights.
Personalized, Effective Legal Counsel
As a former prosecutor, Anisa Jordan, the firm’s founder and owner, understands that fighting a criminal charge can be unsettling and overwhelming. Attorney, Anisa Jordan, draws on her vast experience of the criminal justice system to strategically craft a personally-tailored, effective case strategy for each and every client. Some of the common defenses Anisa can assist you in presenting a convincing defense include:
- Requesting the court to suppress evidence that was gathered as a result of an unlawful search or detention by law enforcement officials
- Submitting a motion to exclude illegally-obtained confession or self-incriminating statements
- Formally challenging line-ups that are suggestive or biased in nature
- Drawing into question the credibility or accuracy of government or state expert witnesses
- Uncovering evidence of racism or bias as well as unjust racial/ethnic profiling
- Discovering mishandling or contamination of the government’s forensic records
- Offering proof of chain of custody errors committed by government officials
Regardless of whether this is your first encounter with facing a criminal charge or you have been designated as a habitual offender, a knowledgeable and insightful Waukegan, IL, criminal defense attorney like Anisa Jordan can significantly impact the ultimate outcome of your case. She can make the difference between you returning home to your loved ones or spending the next several months or years in prison.
The Jordan Law Firm is unencumbered by the packed caseloads and inadequate budget that can hinder the effectiveness of a court-appointed criminal defense attorney. Although there are a number of talented public defenders out there, they are commonly over-worked and can find it challenging to offer you the level of legal support that you need during this trying time. Attorney Anisa Jordan prides herself in consistently going the extra mile for each and every one of her clients. Your legal concerns are her legal concerns, and she will not rest until she has exhausted every available avenue to achieve a favorable outcome in your case.
Comprehensive Criminal Defense Legal Support
As a seasoned litigator with hundreds of cases under her belt, criminal defense attorney, Anisa Jordan, is able to offer her clients with a comprehensive suite of criminal defense legal services, including:
- Drug Offenses
- Possession: Drug possession offenses are categorized as either (1) Possession of marijuana; or (2) Possession of controlled substances. Although the associated punishments for these crimes in Illinois are stiff, The Jordan Law firm will conduct a full and extensive investigation in order to present the best defense in order to reduce your charges.
- Conspiracy: The State can press conspiracy charges pursuant to 720 ILCS 570 if: (1) The defendant possesses, distributes, delivers or manufactures a controlled substance; (2) The unlawful conduct is a component of a conspiracy implicating at least two individuals; and (3) The defendant receives $500 or more, or directs, organizes, or finances the act involved in the conspiracy. A drug conspiracy charge carries a prison sentence of six to thirty years and a penalty of up to $500,000. The consequences are simply too great to entrust your conspiracy case with an inexperienced lawyer. Contact The Jordan Law Firm today for unparalleled criminal defense services.
- Violent Crime Charges
- The Illinois Compiled Statutes Criminal Code designates violent crimes as those in which force or the threat of force is implemented against another individual. This classification covers a wide variety of charges, including: murder, domestic violence, manslaughter, robbery, rape, sexual assault, and assault & battery. The Jordan Law Firm specializes in developing innovative and effective defense strategies to avoid the serious charges associated with convictions for these offenses.
- White Collar Crime
- White collar criminal offenses are wide-ranging and can mean hefty fines and lengthy prison sentences for those that are convicted. This category of charges includes insurance fraud, bribery, forgery, check fraud, and counterfeiting. The Jordan Law Firm recognizes that you and your career may be on the line. Anisa will tirelessly protect your rights and assist you in presenting the strongest possible defense.
Consult An Experienced Waukegan, Illinois, Criminal Defense Attorney Today
For a free and comprehensive case evaluation, contact The Jordan Law Firm online or give us a call at (312) 380-9221.